Monday, June 1, 2015

Victim, Survivor, Conqueror

I was given a digital copy of Dee Henderson's newest book "Taken" and I already can't wait for the next book. I was so captivated by the characters of this book, and I came to truly care for each one she developed. I want to know, no, I NEED to know how this ends, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it ends the way I envision it in my head. A young lady, kidnapped at the age of 16, escapes her captors 11 years later. She embodies the strength that a survivor must have to conquer the beast. She escapes, but she doesn't just get away, she has already planned her future steps and chooses a man who has been there for other victims. There is one part of this book that I still can't get out of my head. Mrs. Henderson has the Main character explain the free will of man, that God gives to each of us, and it so richly describes the love of God, that I am in awe of the theology in that one statement. I highly recommend this book to everyone...my only suggestion, wait for the next book to come out so you're not left hanging like me. :). Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment